Facing a houseful of goods and a lifetime of memories can be overwhelming to an owner or estate representative. Mary Sudar Appraisals and Estate Sales has been relied upon by generations of clients who need professional, experienced, honest and thoughtful advice when they are faced with an estate, a move or simply a need to downsize. We have found that a well-organized and attractively arranged collection in a residential setting is one of the most effective marketing tools for antiques, collectibles and household goods of all descriptions.
Before we go any further, just remember the first and foremost rule: do not discard anything until you have consulted with us. Our clients are often surprised at what is desirable and saleable and we would rather educate you sooner than later.
Our sales are conducted on a commission basis so the client has no up-front costs. Sudar Estate Sales takes a personal interest in every project and works diligently to make sure that each sale reflects well on the owner as well as our company. Once our clients decide to retain our services, they can simply walk away and be assured that all will arranged to our highest standards.
Mary Sudar has decades of experience in patiently sorting through a house and discovering both the ordinary and the extraordinary for her clients. We can market anything nearly anything found in a residence: from antiques, collectibles, fine art, furniture, fine and costume jewelry to books, paper ephemera, musical instruments, silver, glass, china, linens to ordinary household goods, tools, vehicles and more. Many of our estate sales have become legendary among our customers. Since we don"t run sales every weekend, people know that when we do advertise a sale, it is worth attending. And our sales results show it!
Our extensive estate sale services offer a complete package including the following:
- Free initial no-obligation on-site consultation. If we can"t do a project for any reason — schedules, lack of inventory, location &mdash we will offer other marketing suggestions to the client.
- Production of an estate sale services contract outlining both the manager"s and the client"s responsibilities, setting the commission rate and stating a timeline.
- Customized marketing plan including "triaging" of the collection so that each piece finds its best market, either through an on-site estate sale, via the Internet, in a direct private sale or through consignment to a major auction house as appropriate.
- Professional staging and organization including thorough and careful sorting
- Exhaustive pricing research by an accredited professional appraiser utilizing one of the largest in-house personal property reference libraries in the area as well as a variety of up-to-the minute databases covering regional, national and international sales data
- Detailed and well-written advertising in-print and on-line
- Professional signboards posted on nearby thoroughfares throughout the sale
- All signage and supplies needed to set up the sale in an organized manner
- Well-staffed and secure sales environments with professional and courteous employees
- A large and loyal customer following that grows with every sale
- Detailed Excel inventories of items sold with prices realized produced at the conclusion of each sale
- Pre- and post-sale services including coordination of charitable donations, references to craftsmen, haulers, realtors, restorers and other affiliated professionals as appropriate and as requested by the client
- Residences left tidy and emptied to the clients" specifications, ready for the next step
Above all, we adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism and are always sympathetic to our clients" situations. We do not own a shop and do not purchase goods which we have appraised.
Our customers love our sales, and our clients hold our services in the highest regard. We have worked with countless families and individuals since 1984 as well as professionals including attorneys, trust officers, guardians, personal representatives, accountants, realtors and many others. Mary Sudar Appraisals and Estate Sales is honored to receive ongoing referrals from people who come to us first for their sale and appraisal needs and who enthusiastically refer us to their family, friends and colleagues time and time again.
Please feel free to contact us at any time for more information on services, rates, why an onsite estate sale can be the best marketing choice and to schedule an appointment.
Remember, too, that even if a client"s project is not appropriate for an on-site sale due to logistics, location, scheduling or a lack of inventory, we are always more than happy to suggest alternative approaches. There is a solution to nearly every situation. Never hestitate to call — we always appreciate your interest in our services and we will always do our best to advise you.